Robots in rough terrain (i.e. rescue environments) need appripriate drives.
VolksBot Rescue has a chain based drive with 2 flippers
which can be independently controlled to drive in rough terrain.
Our solution based on VolksBot-kits consists of:
- Six adapted UDUs (Universal Drive Units)
- 4 chains of synthetic material
- Dimensions without flippers: 450 x 600 x 260 mm (l x w x h)
- Dimensions including flippers: 700 x 600 x 420 mm (l x w x h)
- Weight: about 25kg
- Driving-unit: 2 Maxon DC motors 150 W and 2 Maxon EPOS 70/10 motor controller
- Flipper-drive: 2 Maxon DC motors 90 W and 2 Maxon EPOS 24/5 motor controller
- Power-Supply: Two lead gel accumulators, 12 Volts, 15Ah
- VolksBot Power Unit (SPU) with additional power supply 24V/20A, 12V/5A, 5V/5A
- Software Control by C++ libraries for Windows and LinuX